Sunday, March 7, 2010

10 Months

I can't believe we're at the ten month mark already. I was thinking last night about how I wasn't going to have much to post about since Elsie was an overachiever in her ninth month, but she stayed up working on something to share. More on that in a minute.

Today is that last day of nursing. I'm sad in a weird way. I dropped the bedtime feeding a week ago when she didn't really show an interest, and have only been nursing first thing in the morning. Today, we nursed and then talked and made googly eyes at each other before I remembered that she had had food in her hair yesterday and desperately needed a bath. After her bath, I had her all wrapped up like a baby bath taco, and she was smiling up at me, and I had to take a second look.

I stuck my finger in her mouth, and sure enough, there it was. The sharp corner of a white thing poking out of her lower gum. Just a wee bit. Just enough to notice. I called Eli in for a second opinion. He concurred.

So, Ladies and Gentleman, we have a TOOTH (sort of). At least this month, there will be one.

And leave it to Elsie to be the best baby about it. Her appetite and sleep haven't been affected heretofore. Our good friends watched her two nights ago while we went to a high school play (Southern Hospitality...very funny) and when we came to get Elsie, AB said that that was the easiest time she's had putting a child to bed in three years (she has both a 2- and an almost 4-year-old) and I believe her exact words were, "DON'T pay a babysitter to do that." I laughed about that all the way home.

Anyway, I guess this means I'm going to need to start thinking about a birthday party for a one-year old. Time's a tickin'.

Oh, and Stacey, her favorite teething toy has been the wire (the red spiral one) from the bead toy you got her for Christmas. :)

Cheers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well, congrats on the new tooth! i haven't been reading in a while, so i'm confused...are you stopping nursing because of the tooth or pregnancy, or was it a previous decision? i'm so jealous of elsie's good nature. i pray that your second child will be a blessing as well.

Beaver said...

I can see how I may have worded that confusingly. Stopping the nursing because of pregnancy, but am not ashamed to say that I'm glad I never had to experience being bitten--being gummed was traumatic enough. :)

I think we're in for a whirlwind with the next one. Just a guess. Haha.