Saturday, February 13, 2010

Weird, Lonely Day

Eli's out of town. I'm lonely and bored. Yesterday, K came over and kept us company for a while. Today, we went to the library to hang out with other moms, and we were the only ones there for the first hour and fifteen minutes. Then A showed up and we talked for over an hour, so it was good to get adult time.

But even with that, I can't even put into words what it means to have Eli here, so when he's gone there's just this void that no matter how much anyone tries to distract me from it, I still feel it sharply. I miss him.

He called this evening and we watched the Olympics together over the phone for about fifteen minutes--some women's moguls and short track. He said he felt like he was in high school watching TV over the telephone. I laughed. He forgets when we were in college and we read the entirety of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire to each other over the phone long distance, back before we had cell phones. My dad told me it was a waste of a 500 minute calling card. I didn't think so. :)

So, now the cats and I are curled up watching some television as I wonder where on earth I put the remote control. Good thing there's only one thing I'm interested in watching tonight.

Eli will be home by supper time tomorrow. Hooray!

Cheers.

No comments: