Saturday, September 13, 2008

First Weekend

This is the first weekend that I have spent in Auburn. Eli is out at the hunting camp in Vineland with his brother. They're clearning trails and getting ready for hunting season, which officially starts on Iron Bowl weekend (sometime in November). I'm at home by myself (okay, I'm at the library, posting to my blog, but I'll be home again soon) with a list of things to do. We finally got our washer working, which was a Godsend, because we can't afford a new washer or dryer right now. That only happened 3 nights ago, so needless to say, I have a lot of laundry to do. I need to get the kitchen in order, and I need to unpack all the rest of my boxes of junk.

On the job front, my sub gig is up in 1.5 weeks, though I'm not exactly sure which day. I haven't had any bites from the Auburn U applications I've sent in, which is disheartening. There is, however, a middle school language arts position posted in Chambers County (30 minutes from here) and I applied through the state department website, but I haven't formally contact them about that. I'm waiting to hear from AMSTI at Auburn. The woman there told me that they are still reviewing applications and that that is all she can tell me right now. They have been reviewing applications since August 15. And the principal of Trinity Christian School in Opelika called me on Friday to set up an interview for this week. But, I fear, the jobs that he's interviewing for start after Christmas. I'm not sure I can wait that long. There is a job as a long-term sub Spanish Teacher at OHS that has been offered to me, but it doesn't start until November sometime. What would I do in the meantime?

So I guess I'm saying that things are looking up, but ever so slowly. I'm going to be patient, but I need a plan, and soon! Patient. Patient. It's so much easier to say than to be.

No comments: