Wednesday, February 1, 2012

February 2012 Debt Update

February is here--already!! I honestly have no idea where the month has gone. I'm overdue for an update on the children, but that takes a lot of thought and energy. I'll do one soon--I promise.

In the meantime, January was a good month for paying off debt. Eli had some funds save up to cover his trip to Scotland, and when he got back, he put any excess on the student loans. That put us up to 2/3 of the way done with the first debt thermometer! I think with tax refunds and good stewardship, we'll be done with this thermometer next month following March payments. I'm excited about the momentum--being roughly ~20% done will feel so good!

First 10K Chunk, started 10/1/11
fundraising ideas
Fundraising Thermometer




I've been working on our taxes, and it looks like we'll be getting a little refund. Glad it's a refund and not taxes to be paid, personally. I'm willing to overpay a little rather than have to scramble to find the funds to pay the IRS. We're not way overpaying, though. The average tax refund is reportedly a little over $3000. We're no where near that, so I don't feel bad about it.

Also, can you believe that it's already time to talk about summer plans? I was asked to teach summer school again. I think I'm looking forward to it, too, particularly in light off paying of debt since it pays twice what Sylvan did. Last year I taught math, and this year I'll probably be teaching the Language Arts side of it. It will be good. Even with paying for childcare, we will still come out ahead enough to make a dent in the next thermometer. :)

Cheers.

No comments: