Sunday, February 27, 2011

Blessed with a nap.

We are still here. Somewhere.

This week that just passed in the blink of an eye was very hectic. I think a lot of it was that we went to B'ham to see Eli (he had a weekend pass to come down that far with another driver) and I didn't have the weekend to prepare for the week coming up. Also, this week I was just so tired. Every day.

In that time frame, we had friends who came over and loved us. I was able to spend some time kid-free doing things that needed to be done, that I wanted to do. Friday night, three of my girl friends and I went to go see Tango Inferno, a performance by professional tango dancers, with four tickets given to me by the school superintendent. Saturday afternoon, some church friends came by to sit with the kids while I ran errands and took dinner to our friends who had a baby one week ago. Saturday night I was invited to a Ladies' Night Out at a friend's church (free babysitting). It's probably only 20 minutes from here, tops, but after about 45 minutes of driving the little back roads of Alabama and winding up right back where I started without finding what I was looking for or doubling back on any roads, we gave up and came home. I had left my phone at home to charge so we were literally out in the middle of nowhere, in the growing darkness, with no gas stations or anything else around. Just driving and singin the alphabet song at the top of my lungs to vent my frustrations. I got suspicious at some point and consulted the atlas that we always keep in the car and realized that I was nowhere near where I thought I was. I was very frustrated--even more so when I realized that both children were asleep (someone stopped singing her ABCs with me), and it was an hour before bedtime. I made it back in town, got myself a mini Blizzard at Dairy Queen, and headed home. Needless to say, I was asleep by 8:30 Saturday night.

If only that had helped. Oscar decided to wake up every two hours, all night long. 10:30. 12:30. 2:30. 4:30. 6.30. I was a zombie at church today, and I made sure the nursery peple kept O awake so that we could all take a long nap. They kept him awake, but he was asleep before we even left the church parking lot. So, we grabbed Little Caesar's on the way home for a quick lunch. ["How about pizza for lunch? Is that okay?" From the backseat--"Yes! Yes!"]. The Lord has blessed us today, and I just woke up after two hours of nap. Both children are still sleeping. Hallelujah! I feel sorta' human again.

The week coming up will be just as hectic. I wasn't observed at work last week, so I feel very certain that it will come this week. I already have high anxiety levels. Please keep me in your prayers.


1 comment:

mary kathryn @ mathews family happenings said...

good gravy I didn't know you were a blogger! How awesome to get to see pics of your kiddos- they are beautiful Erin! I am actually thinking of auditioning for the summer musical at TT and wishing you were here. So glad to have found you through Melanie's blog! Hope all is going well today with the Beavers!