Friday, October 3, 2014

5 Months of Gladys

I blinked.

Five months!?!  Yes, Gladys Ann is still the sweetest Beaver baby.  She's smiling up a storm and is starting to giggle.  We are still in size 2 diapers and will be for a while.  Just this last week we pulled out the 6 months clothing sizes, but we may have waited too long, if the feet in her sleepers are any indication.  Haha.  At her 4-month check-up, she was 15 pounds, 2 ounces--and she's continuing to grow.

The news for this month is that she is starting to cut a tooth...a molar on the lower right.  I've noticed the spot on her gums for a while--white instead of pink, and thought it must be some sort of mouth sore because she's too young!  Nope.  It's a tooth.

She hasn't rolled over yet, but it's coming soon.  I know that once she starts moving, she's going to get trucking!  She is scooching all over the place when she's laying on her back, pushing herself backward and sideways.

Gladys is also doing fairly well at daycare.  This month she's done the hunger strike thing a couple of times.  She's not cranky or anything, but she's not eating.  I figure if she's in a good mood and she's growing fine, then that's not a problem.

Also, this month, I went ahead and got some pacifiers to have at the house, because of this:




She's not a thumb-sucker, per se, but she getting to the point that she wants to have something in her mouth as she falls asleep, and if I had to choose, I would NOT choose thumb.  So, Soothie it is.

Some friends lent us the exer-saucer thing, and Gladys has love it (you know, except for the first time she fell asleep in it--pictured above).

Also, September is rife with football games, so while Eli takes the big kids off my hands on Thursday nights, G & I head out to be with the cheerleaders as the middle school plays.  She is such a good baby.  She's either smiling or sleeping (pictured above).


I had to fold a ton of clothes the other day, and Gladys did not want to be put down.  Those two things did not mix.  So, I gave her a towel to fold.  It had to re-washed later due to massive amounts of baby drool, but it did the trick.


I'm trying to make the most of these baby months as I know that they are fleeting.  This girl is going to be something special, temperamentally--and yet I can't figure out what she'll be like!  Love this girl!

Cheers!

No comments: