Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sweet!

I did something today that I haven't done before: I passed the one-hour glucose test. With E & O, I failed the one-hour test and had to go in for the three-hour test, which I passed both times. Things have changed in the way my OB does the test, and the long and short of it is that the three-hour test is no longer convenient time-wise. (Okay, it was never convenient..) So, I decided to do everything I could to pass the test, without trying the "cheat" the test, per se. Seriously, if you have gestational diabetes, you have it. And you should know about it.

I talked to my friends who are insulin dependent diabetics, and they advised me on a good diet for the day. I ate, but I didn't eat the junk I usually eat, nor the amount. My reasoning was that once I ingested the glucose, either my body would do what it was supposed to or it wouldn't, but I didn't want to clutter that up with whatever else I had eaten that day.

So, here's what I ate (just in case I need to do this again someday):

Breakfast

  • Chicken bagel from Chick-Fil-A

Snack before lunch
  • Diet Dr. Pepper

Lunch (from school cafeteria)
  • Salad with cheese and ham, Italian dressing
  • Raw veggies
  • White milk

And, I drank lots and lots of water all day long.  That got through to my 3:30 appointment, after which I pigged out.  :)

Cheers.

No comments: