Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Almost here

I like nutshells. Here you go: Eli's camping/hiking trip was a bust. I didn't get to spend all that precious time by myself, which a good thing because I was getting lonely.

Last Monday I started my Jazzercise class here. I forgot how much I love it! Okay, no I didn't. I just suppressed the memory because Jazzercise was no longer available in Tuscaloosa. Lisa, the instructor, is really nice, and I didn't forget any of the moves. I rock.

Wednesday, I went to Tuscaloosa to get boxes from my teacher friends. I helped Shelly in her classroom--and, boy, did she need help. I spent six hours with her. Then I went home and watched a movie. Thursday was the first day of school, so I headed up to the school formerly known as TMS and said hello to my peeps that I didn't see the day before. My ulterior motive was to take peanut butter to Kate, but I ran into Emily, Krystal, and others. I felt really out of place since I'm not actually teaching.

After school Thursday, sis-in-law Stephanie called and told me about her first day in Angela's classroom at RQMS. We decided we would further discus this over dinner, so I went to their house and hung out, and we ended up going to Coldstone for ice cream. Nice. Friday I spent watching movies and packing random items. Not much accomplished.

Eli came Saturday. We packed a little, but ended up going to Tokyo (the restaurant) with Rob and Misti, and then going to see The Dark Knight, because everyone has been talking about it and Eli really wanted to see it. It was disturbing. I'm still having nightmares, and I can understand why Heath Ledger was on anti-depressants and sleep meds after playing that role. The worst part, though, was the woman next to us who brought her toddler to the 10:30 p.m. show. Take away her parenting license!!!

Sunday we went to church, then to Full Moon, and Eli left to go back to Auburn. I spent Sunday night packing some more, getting ready to leave. And Monday, I ran around doing errands and left for Auburn at 11.

I'm here now. Back in the job hunt grindstone. I need a job. I need patience. I need prayer. In the meantime, I'm off to the coin wash to do a couple of loads of laundry.

This Saturday we rent the truck and move our junk from Tuscaloosa. We will have officially vacated the property. It's depressing and liberating. I really can't wait to have a couch to sit on. Haha.

No comments: